FC TUCSON FAN CODE OF CONDUCT:
FC Tucson fans are encouraged to cheer, sing and otherwise support FC Tucson while remaining
respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
FC Tucson fans must abide by the following key tenets of the Fan Code of Conduct. Fans not
abiding by the code of conduct will be subject to possible removal and additional sanctions.
- No chants with inappropriate language including any comments regarding racism, sexual
orientation, ethnicity, etc. are permitted.
- No signs with inappropriate language.
- No misbehavior, such as fighting, throwing non-approved objects, attempts to enter the
playing field, political or incendiary messages, disorderly conduct, abusive gestures, etc.
- No flares, incendiary devices, smoke bombs, sparklers and fireworks of any kind without
official approval from FC Tucson.
- No bullying.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of
legal age. 100% ID check for all alcohol purchase and consumption
- Comply with request from FC Tucson and Kino Sports Complex staff regarding stadium
policies and emergency response procedures.
- If a ball exits the field and enters the stands, promptly and carefully return the ball to a
stadium staff member or the ball kids on the sidelines.
- Refrain from activities that damage the reputation of FC Tucson, the United Soccer
League (USL) or the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL).
- All other rules & regulations set by FC Tucson or Kino Sports Complex.
FC TUCSON SMOKE BOMB POLICY:
Request must be submitted to Kino Sports Complex for approval and permit must
be obtained from Tucson Fire Department per facility guidelines
Before a smoke device is used at a FC Tucson match, all persons involved are issued copies of,
and receive instruction on the Club policy related to these devices to include:
- The type of approved device allowed,
- The approved timing and method of use,
- The specific approved locations for use,
- Safety equipment required in those locations,
- Any red flag conditions that would change the normal procedures for use.
Participants shall acknowledge that the opportunity to discharge smoke devices at Kino Sports
Complex is a privilege and not a right and as such this privilege can be suspended at any time.
Any individual participating in this process that is not employed by the Club or Kino Sports
Complex shall immediately comply with all instructions given by the Club/Kino Sports Complex
All participants shall sign a “Policy Receipt Acknowledgement” form indicating they understand
the policy and its requirements.
The person performing the discharge should not be intoxicated or under the influence of others
FC TUCSON PROHIBITED ITEMS:
Certain exceptions to the list of prohibited items will be made for those fans attending FC
Tucson matches as a member of a recognized supporter club, and for items pre-approved by FC
Tucson, United Soccer League, and Kino Sports Complex.
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns,
concealed weapons, and firearms.
- Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary
devices, and pyrotechnics, other than those consistent with the FC Tucson Smoke Policy.
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals.
- Any missile or projectile like object.
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers.
- Professional camera equipment; tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras,
cameras with detachable lenses and/or lenses 6 in. or longer.
- Laser pointers or flashlights.
- Remote-controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones).
- Animals (except service animals).
- Signs / banners larger than 2 ft. x 2 ft. (or any other item that could obstruct other
- Umbrellas (Fans should bring raincoats/ponchos for inclement weather).
- Outside food & beverage of any kind.
- Metal or glass containers of any kind.
- Clear bags only (subject to search).
- Noisemakers (airhorns, drums, whistles, cowbells, horns, etc.).
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels.
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Masks (worn in your seat only, must be removed when leaving your section).
- Strollers or baby seats may not be taken into the stands or left in section entrances.
- Selfie sticks and/or monopods.
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by the person responsible for
safety/security at Kino Sports Complex.
There are no provisions to check items at the gates or in the stadium. FC Tucson fans will be
asked to either take prohibited items back to their car if they have not entered the stadium or
dispose of prohibited items at the entrance of the stadium.
Neither the Club nor Kino Sports Complex are responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or
damaged. Possession of prohibited items is grounds for ejection from the stadium. Game tickets
will be forfeited.
Security personnel reserve the right to inspect any item at any time and prohibit any item
deemed inappropriate for crowd safety or detrimental to others enjoying the event.
FC TUCSON EXEMPTED ITEMS:
The items identified in this policy shall only be permitted when the use and conditions have been
agreed to the satisfaction of the person responsible for safety and security at the venue.
It should be understood from the outset that Exempted Items are not a right and that the
permissions granted are on the express understanding that the use and/or display of the items is
at all times in line with the Fan Code of Conduct (regarding behavior and decency) and any
additional restrictions imposed by Kino Sports Complex.
The following supporter group exemptions are permitted at locations and times determined by
- Drums, horns, and other musical instruments.
- Flags on PVC poles
- Banners, flags, and signage that meet the following criteria:
o All banners, flags, and signage must be inspected to ensure compliance.
o Banners, flags, and signage should always support the Club, the match, or an
accomplishment of the Club or a player (past or present).
o Messages should not be commercial, political, offensive, or in poor taste.
o Items should not unreasonably obstruct the view of the spectators outside of the
supporter section, over existing stadium signage, or present a public hazard by
blocking aisles, walkways, or stairs.
o Should not be taped, glued, or secured using an adhesive of any kind.
o Should not in any way damage the stadium walls, paint, railings, glass, or other
o Should not be constructed of wood, metal, or other materials that may cause
harm to others as determined by the Club or Kino Sports Complex management.
o It cannot be used as a projectile.
Any / All Supporter Group Exemptions may be suspended either:
- Prior to the event, where there is a history of non-compliance by the Supporter Group
making the request.
- During the event, where either an individual within the Group or the Group as a whole
fail to abide by agreements reached in advance.
- Post-event: where it was not possible to deal with the matter safely at the time, or where
the matter was subsequently brought to light.
Recognized Supporter Groups shall understand that any Exemption is made to the group and
that they are collectively responsible for the behavior of the group and for ensuring that the
agreements reached prior to the event are allowed.
USL Fan Code of Conduct
The United Soccer League (USL) and its Member Clubs make providing a positive and memorable
experience for their fans a priority. In an effort to foster a safe and comfortable atmosphere, the
following fan guidelines are instituted at all USL matches:
- Fans will be respectful toward the players, staff, officials and fellow fans.
- Fans will refrain from using language or displaying gestures that are foul, abusive or
obscene in nature. Platforms for display include clothing, signage, chants, social media
posts or any other method.
- Fans will abide by both the venue and USL smoke device policy. Adherence to this policy
includes only the use of approved devices, timing of use, locations, safety precautions
and users with signed waivers on file.
- Fans will follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of
conduct, stadium policies, and emergency procedures.
- Fans consuming alcohol must do so in a responsible fashion and be at least 21 years of
- Fans will not behave in ways that are unruly, disruptive, inappropriate or illegal in nature.
- Fans will not fight or incite violence.
- Fans will not damage property either inside or outside the venue.
- Fans will not interfere with the progress of the match including entering the playing field
or the surrounding area, throwing objects, including throwing of objects on or toward the
field or declining to promptly return a ball that has gone out of play.
Violation of the Fan Code of Conduct will result in sanctions as deemed applicable by the United
Soccer League office and Member Club including but not limited to warnings, ejections, venue
bans, removal of supporter privileges, or arrest.